Monday, February 25, 2008

J'Adore Marion Cotillard

For me, the highlight of last night's Oscar ceremony was watching Marion Cotillard win the statue for her role as Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose.

I'm an unabashed francophile and many, many a time have I looped Edith Piaf's music on days when things didn't go my way. Sunday mornings at home usually include a tribute to the little sparrow as well. I've even made the pilgrimage to her tomb at Pere Lachaise cemetery. See?



So, in honor of the French, and La Mome Piaf (the little sparrow), here's a clip of Edith Piaf singing my favorite of all her songs, L'Hymne a L'Amour, the Hymn to Love. She composed this after the death of her lover, the boxer Marcel Cerdan, in the 50s. Not trying to bring down your Monday, it's just a good song.



Felicitations, Marion!

1 comment:

I Am: Anna Lovely Day said...

I love Piaf too. I don't go out to movies lately because of my little one. I did get to see this one film last year. I cried. It was great to see her get the oscar.

--I also liked your Colton Ford choice of video on here.