Saturday, August 07, 2010

BEAR-ly Made it Out of Ptown Alive

Speaking of being selective about the company you keep, I took a friend up on his offer to spend a few days in Provincetown during Bear Week. I figure if I was out-gayed and out-abbed in Fire Island then surely a week among less persnickety men would do my self-esteem some good. And so it was. Planes, trains and automobiles - literally - to arrive at the most beautiful and vibrant town on the end of Cape Cod. Y'all know I've spent some good (and bad) times out in Ptown but I never tire of the town's beauty. The dunes, the tall grass, and the winding roads that lead to nowhere and everywhere -- it's just as easy to feel like the only person in the world out there as it is to feel cramped among a horde of bears.

Here, too, the company was stellar and my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. Glad I caught these shots.












No comments: