Monday, August 14, 2006

JWs Star in Best Movie of the Year


Quinceanera is hands down the best movie I've seen in 2006. The story of a young girl who gets pregnant just before her big coming out party for her 15th birthday and who winds up creating her own family with her hot as **** gay gangster cousin and 84 year old great uncle is an honest look at issues of race, class, faith and sexuality in today's America.

So funny that I should see this after my own weeklong experience with the family.

I can't believe the two leads, Emily Rios and hot as **** Jesse Garcia were raised as JWs. I should, like, have lunch with them or something. I'm sure we wouldn't run out of things to talk about.

But go see the movie NOW. Or when it comes to a theatre near you.

1 comment:

Rob said...

JWs?
I read about this in Friday's WSJ. It looked interesting however, I was not clear as to whether it's in theatres or on DVD.