Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kill Joy: Men Singing A Capella

My, how the mighty fall.

Within two minutes and a quick You Tube search, the man who I swore would be my next baby daddy went from hot, sweaty macho stud to embarassingly queeny, cosmo-sipping dandy.

While perusing Queerty this morning I came across the new Colton Ford video for "That's Me."

And I swooned...



The muscles. The faux-hawk. The gotee. The white suit. Sigh.

(What's the song about? Something about exploring, spreading wings, me, me, me...)

So I thought to treat my cold/hangover with more Colton videos.

And I found this:



I feel so cheated.

But these things happen for a reason. See, for the past two weeks I've slowly been turning into Beyonce. James' parents got me the Beyonce Experience DVD for crimmus and since then my free time has been devoted to gyrating and shaking the crabs out a-la-B.

Colton's video, however, is a cautionary tale for those of us who think that pulling out a camera and singing in an alley does a hot music video make. Leave it to the pros, y'all:

No comments: