Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When I Grow Up

Have I ever told you that when I was a kid I wanted to be a flight attendant? Nothing (short of being in Menudo) seemed more glamorous than commandeering a microphone to welcome passengers aboard an international flight and being able to serve coffee and wine without spilling a drop (I was a clumsy child and as such my Colombian mother thought the best way to correct my lack of grace was with a smack across the face when things slipped my "manos de lana" - wool hands).

Anyhoo, that passion for flight was replaced by a passion for media. Or an unfortunate series of events.

The point is, if James were to leave me and I should find myself tired of the PR game, I would so go work for Emirates, the Middle Eastern airline who treats its flight attendants like royalty. Though, seeing as the United Arab Emirates has some strict policies against les sodomites, how would any man who gleefully accepts the airline's mandatory manicure and facial policy fare in this part of the world? Details, details.

Check out this article from today's Wall Street Journal; highlights from the slideshow below.





No comments: