Friday, November 24, 2006

I Hate Americans




The pictures above are from the start of "Black Friday," the first shopping day of the Christmas season right after Thanksgiving.
In a world beseiged by war and famine and disease, and just hours after we're supposed to be giving thanks for the genocide of Native Americans, influenza and other gifts brought over by the Pilgrims, Americans are waiting in line to storm into stores so they can buy overpriced Japanese toys.
More power to the stores who are milking Americans' stupidity for all its worth, but to think that there are people shallow and stupid enough to make 6am shopping the focal point of their holiday is just disappointing.

Notice how fat and unattractive the people raiding the stores are, by the way. Cute people like me are at the gym at that hour. And blogging.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're too young, too well educated, and (possibly) too cute to hate.

Berdo said...

Nice, GCL. You confirmed every base stereotype about Americans you could muster in one short post. I am sure you get many handshakes and hearty laughs from your European friends who feel momentarily superior to Americans by convincing themselves of the fat, ugly, materialistic American. Must be nice. Better to be French and without a job. Or live in virtually any Arab dictatorship and make $400 a year. Better that than to bumrush for gifts for our loved ones.

You are too much, GCL.

Gay Conservative Liberal said...

My European friends and I don't shake hands, we air kiss on each cheek and clink champagne glasses. Alas, I AM too cute and smart to hate, so I hope you will appreciate the satire in this post.

Rob said...

How, exactly, are you conservative?

James Henry Bailey said...

Huh? I don't even know what to say to this horrible blog. I can't even begin to imagine how these people, who work hard for their money, bother you so much. As for the "irony" in this blog- um, only a gifted / talented writer can get his point across using irony. You failed.

Anonymous said...

I unfortuantely work in amll food court. I never believed that people were so shallow and stupid unitl I got this job. Shallow people paying big money for pre destroyed clothes and yacking on cell phones when they are trying to order food. Ignorant.