Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Revolution Will Be Blogged About

Interesting article in today's Washington Post about the low turnout to pro and anti war rallies in Washington. Clearly the blogosphere is atwitter with opinions about the (massive failure and waste of money and human life) war in Iraq, but online ranting and raving do not a March on Washington make.

And it's not because people don't care. It's because most Americans want to talk about the issues affecting our country in a somewhat civilized fashion (at a cocktail party, at the DMV, during a job interview or during a business lunch)not around the likes of these folks:








Note: Images property of The Victory Caucus.

It's hard to tell these yahoos apart isn't it?

It's unfortunate to see those upside down flags -- I grew up being told to respect our flag even if I wasn't supposed to salute it. Being anti-war isn't the same as being anti-American. At the same time, what exactly would we be surrendering to by leaving Iraq? Common sense?

I don't like fanaticism and these rallies just bring out the crazies from both sides of the political fence. Not that the Internet is all tea and biscuits either, but here, at least, crazy comes with a "sign off" option.


And when I do sign off, I go about my way gay day. Have a look:



Breakfast of champions -- James and I are dieting post-cruise and pre-Miami. Egg whites for him, half a bagel for me.



Tyra Mail!



Gay church, then off to the opera to catch La Boheme. $25 seats! And now that James and I aren't eating anymore, this is the cheapest date we've ever been on.




Of course, I can stop eating til you can see my heart beating through my shirt, but I don't know if I'll ever look like this:




Fortunately, autumn is sorta here. And everyone looks good in layers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there nothing else going on in the world to share other than what I'm eating for breakfast? Please don't turn your political blog into one of those online journals about how you stayed home last night and cuddled up with your stuffed animals while watching yet another movie about Jane Austen.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Love you pooshie!