Sunday, July 20, 2008

Viva Colombia

Happy Independence Day to all of my Colombian people worldwide. In places like New York, Miami and Madrid it's easy to find scores of paisanos to spend the day with, but my cousin Evelyn, an ex-pat studying in Tokyo, doesn't have that luxury. Still, she made do with her new friends in the far east and took Asian fusion to new levels.

Saludos primita!

Feeling festive yourself? Hit me up, if you know my digits, and let's do some Colombian stuff whenever, wherever. Check out the New York Times guide to a Colombian weekend in the city.











1 comment:

Alejandra said...

I'm really glad you posted about Colombian independence day, thank you.

But that article in the Times, it's terribly written and more than vaguely insulting to our local Colombian culture. The only useful thing is the list of places at the end.

What the hell kind of way is that to spotlight an "underrepresented" culture?