Monday, October 23, 2006

Fantasy Congress: You (Kinda) Saw it Here First


Last month I invited my readers to participate in my very ad-hoc version of fantasy sports called Fantasy Dems. Well, some enterprising students out in California have taken a very good idea and gave it structure to come up with Fantasy Congress:

Fantasy Congress™ offers you the power to "play politics." As in other fantasy sports, you - the Citizen - draft a team of real-life legislators from the U.S. Congress and score points for your team's successes. Join a league and compete against other Citizens, or form a league of your own! Play against your friends, family, bloggers, fellow politicos, or even a sitting U.S. Senator (one could be playing incognito, you never know!). On weekends, move Members of Congress into your active line-up or off your team to strategize for the upcoming week of legislation!
***

Good ideas are a dime a dozen, it's all in the execution. Cheers to these guys for a very clever site, I plan on playing and posting on it regularly.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have receive positive emails from friends as a result of your post on this subject. Thanks.

I also received your comment on one of my recent posts regarding construction contractors.

I would love to link to your site w/a reciprocal link. Pls respond to me at karen_apics@yahoo.com

http://the-new-liberal.blogspot.com